Life’s a dance you learn as you go. Sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow. Don’t worry about what you don’t know, life’s a dance you learn as you go.
I started thinking about the lyrics and the part about “sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow” and was thinking that wasn’t very accurate if you have God in your life. He always should be leading. I thought of it quick because this issue is all too personal for me right now and I have had to learn the hard way plenty of times.
If you don’t know me, basically I’m what people call a “go-getter.” I’ve recently been studying Strengthsfinder book and realizing how God made me – and it’s apparently how I was created. I can’t help it. I get an idea, or God speaks to me, and I go with it. I always thought this quality was great until I realized that apparently, I need to wait on God to lead J Just because I get the idea, doesn’t mean it’s time to GO right then.
It got me thinking about how life IS a dance – and we’re dancing with our heavenly Daddy.
Here are 5 points on dancing with Jesus …
1. He has asked you to dance, will you say yes? He is a gentleman and will not force you to accept the invitation. He just waits for you to accept. You have to say yes and make Him Lord and Savior of your life. It’s the best and most beautiful dance you could ever have
2. Let Him lead. Just relax and don’t be tense. Be flexible to the exciting plans God has for you. A turn here, a twirl there. He wants to take you on a fun ride – He wants you to be carefree and happy.
3. Safe in His Embrace. He has His arms wrapped around you. You are safe and protected. You don’t have to worry about falling because He will catch you.
4. Feel His Heartbeat. You have to lean in close to hear His whisper. He is speaking all the time, just listen. Read His word and spend intimate time with Him. He will not let the wrong guy cut in if you are close enough to hear His cues.
5. If you trip up, you can just try again til you get it right. He doesn’t make a fool out of you or get mad if you trip up. If you take a wrong step, He just starts right where you left off before you took that wrong step. And you just keep trying it again and again until you get it right. He is full of grace and love.
6. When you get too weak or the dance gets too hard, He will carry you. Just like when you were a little girl and you would put your feet on top of your daddy’s big shoes and he would dance around while you just held on tight. God will carry you through your dance until you are strong enough to dance again.
I heard this saying and thought it was cute:
G (God) + U + I + DANCE = Guidance.
Will YOU accept this dance?
Written by Amy Ford